sunnuntai 13. syyskuuta 2015

Personal branding week


Second week is over. Overall feeling of the course is still pretty positive. I am waiting enthusiastically for the progress of the course this fall and i hope i will learn so much new stuff.

At the this week we studied personal branding and marketing communication. At the lecture we went through how we can gain visibility on the job market and social media. We were told about LinkedIn and how to use it. LinkedIn was already familiar to me and I had already done a profile in there. But I just have to add more information about me, my studies and my jobs. In Thursday we talked about marketing communication. About social media channels we getting to know for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube and LinkedIn. I use every day Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. I have never used Twitter or Pinterest but maybe i will someday.

Lecture was useful to me because I did not know everything about how to use it and what i should add. Also what kind of materials I should add.  Now I know it and just have to have time to make my LinkedIn profile ready.

After Mondays lecture our group FTS13 got together. We had to tell strengths on our groups members. We made mind maps and we wrote something of everybody. This was supposed to help us with the pitching. It was fun! 
From the picture below is my mind map.


Pitching was already familiar to us. But we had lecture about it. I don't know why because many teachers have talked about it before. Practice makes perfect! We had to make pitch at home and put it in the blog. My video is little bit weird but hope it is good enough. You can find the video below.



-Nelli

1 kommentti:

  1. Nice blog Nelli. It's good that you knew about pitching, so it probably made it easier for you. This time you had to do it in English and make a video of it, so I hope this part was new for you. ;-) Please add also summary of Thursday's lecture. Thank you.

    VastaaPoista